- We have involved frontline workers, supervisors, and the joint health and safety committee.
- We have identified areas where people gather, such as break rooms, production lines, and meeting rooms.
- We have identified job tasks and processes where workers are close to one another or members of the public.
- We have identified the tools, machinery, and equipment that workers share while working.
- We have identified surfaces that people touch often, such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, and light switches.
First Level Protection:
- We have established and posted an occupancy limit for our premises.
- We have established and posted occupancy limits for common areas such as break rooms, meeting rooms, change rooms, washrooms, and elevators.
- We have implemented measures to keep workers and others at least 2 metres apart, wherever possible.
- We have removed tables and limited seating capacity to allow for proper social distancing (6 feet).
- Guests will be seated furthest apart when capacity allows (i.e. during slow times)
- We have established separate entrance and exit doors to allow for proper flow
- We have limited groups to 6 people per table
Second Level Protection:
- We have installed barriers where workers can’t keep physically distant from co-workers, customers, or others.
- We have included barrier cleaning in our cleaning protocols.
- We have installed the barriers so they don’t introduce other risks to workers.
- We have installed plexiglass barriers around the bar and payment areas
- Bathroom light switches have been swaped out for motion activated swiches
- All soap dispensers have been swaped out to ‘No Touch’ style
Third Level Protection:
- We have identified rules and guidelines for how workers should conduct themselves.
- We have clearly communicated these rules and guidelines to workers through a combination of training and signage.
- All staff members who are sick or displaying symptoms have been asked to stay home, and not return to work untill fully recovered/ or negative COVID 19 test.
- Signs have been posted to request that guests maintain a physical distance of 6 feet between them and other guests at the front entrance and bathroom doors
- Signs asking guests to refrain from entering building if they are displaying symptoms or have been in contact with anyone testing positve for COVID 19 have been posted.
Fourth Level Protection:
- We have reviewed the information on selecting and using masks and instructions on how to use a mask.
- We understand the limitations of masks to protect the wearer from respiratory droplets. We understand that masks should only be considered when other control measures cannot be implemented.
- We have trained workers in the proper use of masks.
- Masks and/or face sheilds will be provided for anyone wishing to wear one – customer or staff
Cleaning and Hygiene Practices:
- We have reviewed the information on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
- Our workplace has enough handwashing facilities on site for all our workers. Handwashing locations are visible and easily accessed.
- We have policies that specify when workers must wash their hands and we have communicated good hygiene practices to workers. Frequent handwashing and good hygiene practices are essential to reduce the spread of the virus.
- We have implemented cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces — e.g., washrooms, tools, equipment, vehicle interiors, shared tables, desks, light switches, and door handles. This includes the frequency
- that these items must be cleaned (number of times per day) as well as the timing (before and after shift, after lunch, after use).
- Workers who are cleaning have adequate training and materials.
- We have removed unnecessary tools and equipment to simplify the cleaning process.
- All dine-in guests will be offered hand sanitizer prior to entering.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the restaurant and bar.
- All menus have been laminated and will be sanitized after each use.
- All tables and chairs and tabletop items will be disinfected between seatings.
- All doors, handles, and frequently touched surfaces will be disinfected multiple times daily. A cleaning schedule will be posted.
- Debit and credit machines are being sanitized after each use.
- Condiments, salt/pepper sugar etc. will now be single use sachets or containers
- Garnishes are no longer being placed on bar tops and will be covered at all times
- PPE will be supplied for employees and guest as needed/requested – masks, face sheilds, gloves etc.